Understand your data. Increase effciency. Reduce Risk
Commvault Activate Is Here – Are You Ready To Know More About Your Data?
Today’s businesses are increasingly reliant upon data to make informed decisions. With so much data out there, you need intelligent solutions to help you find and sort the valuable data from the redundant. A recent study showed that only 54% of companies know where all their sensitive data is stored. Unfortunately, what you don’t know can hurt your business in a big way - data loss, data breach, compliance failures, and higher infrastructure costs. What you need is more insight to your data.
Activate your data: Find value. Reduce risk
Commvault Activate™ is a solution that can operate independent of Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery or as part of a combined solution to maximize data management capabilities for your business. This means that with Activate you can gain insights to data that isn’t managed by Commvault to drive analytics, and other tasks against those data sources. Regardless of if you leverage Activate independently or combined with Complete, it can support your data strategies through these key use cases:
File Storage Optimization
• Where is my data currently being stored?
• What data can I tier or remove from expensive storage?
• Who owns or has access to that data?
• Do I have orphaned or exposed data out there?
• How much of my data contains sensitive or critical information?
Commvault Activate gives you the information you need to help answer those questions. Powered by advanced analytics and machine learning, the information about files, email, databases, and their contents are centralized in an intelligent index. This provides a consistent view of your data across your organization. Through these analytics, you can uncover ways to drive efficiency into how your data is stored and reduce risk.
Sensitive Data Governance
• What does your organization define as “sensitive” data?
• Do you know where all that data resides? Can you easily secure or delete it if needed?
• Can you proactively find and identify new data containing PII or other sensitive information?
• What reports or audit tools do you have in place to track processes related to the management of sensitive data?
While many key data types related to HIPAA, FERPA, PCI, are common, you may have company-specific requirements. Commvault Activate allows you to leverage existing definitions or create custom ones to match your organization’s sensitive data criteria. With those definitions in place you can quickly identify matching data sets and drive action. Using built-in workﬂows for review and audit, you can quarantine the live data or even delete the sensitive files from the backup copy to prevent data leakage. This level of visibility to your important data will also accelerate your ability to respond to compliance, legal, or data subject requests.
Compliance Search and eDiscovery
• Can you quickly search for compliance data across all locations?
• Can you proactively preserve key data sets for review?
• What is your organization doing to respond to changing regulatory demands like GDPR and CCPA?
• How long would it take for you to respond to a legal or compliance-related data subject request?
Powered by advanced analytics and machine learning, the information about files, email, databases, and their contents is centralized in an intelligent index. This provides a consistent view of your data across your organization. This index also enables you to quickly search across the data under management to find what you need, and respond to compliance or legal requests. Perform the search yourself or delegate the compliance search functionality to legal teams or data privacy officers so that they can conduct it themselves.